The British University of Cambridge announced admissions for the 2024 intake without the IELTS requirement (IELTS Alternative Certs must be submitted); under the fully-funded, and partially-funded Britain scholarships category.
On this academic page, I will provide you with the details about one of the most prestigious collegiate research institutions in the UK, the University of Cambridge, from its acceptance and rejection rate, waiting list system, and scholarship opportunities available for students.
So, stay hooked on this transcript till the end and acquire all the information regarding admissions to the University of Cambridge.
The application fee for Cambridge University is £75 (GBP sterling).
British Scholarships Cover at Cambridge:-
Studying at Cambridge University is a dream that most students see but what if i tell you that you don’t even need to pay for your education at Cambridge? Yes, that’s right! If you manage to win a British scholarship to study for free at Cambridge then you will be entitled to receive any of the following listed funding packages:
- Free of cost or partially paid education at Cambridge,
- Residence facility at Cambridge University,
- Vouchers or monthly stipends paid by the Brtish Government for studying at Cambridge,
- British Study VISA fees waiver,
- British student health insurance covers,
- Access to Cambridge departments and contests.
Admissions Acceptance Rate of the University of Cambridge: 21%
The admission acceptance rate of Cambridge University in 2023 was 21%.
The University of Cambridge is considered a highly selective institution in the United Kingdom and elsewhere in the world. Moreover, the university accepts a handful of the tens of thousands of students who aspire to enroll in the University of Cambridge to continue their higher education degrees. Last year alone, the Office of Admissions at the University of Cambridge received over 17,000 applications, out of which only 3,490 were accepted.
Admissions Waiting List System at the University of Cambridge:-
All the admissions-related decisions at the University of Cambridge are in the hands of the staff at the Office of Admissions at the Cambridge Colleges. The students have no contribution to getting placed on either the waitlist or the list of admitted students.
How many students are placed on the Waiting List at the University of Cambridge?
At the University of Cambridge, around five students compete for a single place in every course program. To accommodate those bright students who, despite showing remarkable academic grades with a seat in their desired course programs, the university places them on its waiting list. However, the case of forming a waiting list is exceptional at the University of Cambridge.
Can You Study Without IELTS at Cambridge University?
Save hundreds of dollars that you may be planning on spending for taking an IELTS exam, because, you can take admission at Cambridge without an IELTS exam if you have IELTS alternative exams certifications (Cambridge English/TOEFL). Cambridge accepts IELTS alternative certificates as well. The acceptable IELTS alternative exams at Cambridge are any one of the TOEFL, Cambridge English, DET, PTE, etc.
IELTS Requirement at Cambridge University: Optional
(if TOEFL, Cambridge English Test Certs available)
Admissions at Cambridge University without IELTS is only possible if candidates hold any IELTS alternative certification accepted by Cambridge which can be TOEFL, or Cambridge English. The admissions at Cambridge will now be open for online applications for most students interested to study there.
Fully-funded Scholarships at the University of Cambridge in 2023:-
The University of Cambridge provides hundreds of British scholarships that are partial, fixed, and fully funded to its students each year on both merits and needs. Moreover, the British Council scholarship awards at Cambridge also range from fully funded and partially funded to fixed-funded awards.
Furthermore, I have listed some of the most prestigious scholarships offered by the University of Cambridge as under:
- Rowan Williams Cambridge Studentships
- Cambridge International Scholarships
- Vice Chancellor’s Awards
- Cambridge Master’s Scholarships
- Cambridge Trust Scholarships (for undergraduate and postgraduate students)
- Chevening Cambridge Scholarships
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- Deep Minds Cambridge Scholarships
- Schlumberger Cambridge International Scholarships
- Snowdown Cambridge Scholarships
- Woolf Institute Cambridge Scholarships
- Roberta Sykes Cambridge Scholarships
- Charlie Perkins Cambridge Scholarships
- NIH Cambridge Scholarships
- Al Thuraya Cambridge Scholarships
- Jameel Education Foundation Cambridge Scholarships (for students of UAE)
- Hiroyuki Nakagawa Cambridge Graduate Scholarships (for Japanese students)
- Carlos and Gabriela Rodriguez Pastor Scholarships at Cambridge
- Club Financiero Espanol Cambridge Scholarships (for Spanish students)
- Jardine Cambridge Graduate Scholarships
- CSC Cambridge Scholarships (for Master’s students)
- William Papworth Studentships
- The Right Honorable Paul Martin Sr. Scholarships at Cambridge University
- Prince of Wales Cambridge International Scholarships
- Woolf Fisher Scholarships at Cambridge
- Cambridge Rutherford Memorial Scholarships
- The Beacon Scholarships at Cambridge
- Wolfson OCS Kenya Scholarships
Note: All these scholarships have different deadlines, so I suggest that you keep a regular check on the University of Cambridge’s admissions portal to see when the online portal for application submission will open to ensure that you don’t miss out on your desired funding opportunity.
Cambridge University Application Deadline: July 31, 2023
The undergraduate and postgraduate programs application deadline at Cambridge University for the batch of 2024-2025 is July 31, 2023.
Article Licensed from Dr. Yousaf.