As an international student, the opportunity to participate in the Fully-funded Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) 2024-2025 was incredibly exciting. It was like my dream has come true & it never felt real. Not only has it provided me with the opportunity to study in one of the top educational institutions in South Korea, but it has also allowed me to involve myself in a new culture.
The (KGSP) for 2024-2025 is now open for international students and researchers to apply. This program offers scholarships that will allow students to study at any university in South Korea for undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. programs. It is a great opportunity for students to avail of financial assistance and acquire their degree with a such high-quality education.
The online application process is open now and this program welcomes students of all academic backgrounds to apply. Below, I have mentioned all the details that I came to know regarding KGSP Scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria for KGSP 2024:
The KGSP Korean Scholarship 2024 has a set of eligibility criteria that must be met in order to be considered for the program. These criteria include:
- The applicant must not be a citizen of Korea and neither of their parents should be Korean citizens.
- The applicant must be in good physical and mental health to ensure they can successfully complete their degree program in Korea.
- Undergraduate applicants must be below the age of 25, and graduate applicants must be below the age of 40 at the time of enrollment.
- It is to make sure that before applying for the undergraduate scholarship program, the applicant has already all levels of education that includes primary, secondary & intermediate school. Otherwise, the applicant will not be able to apply for this program.
- For graduate applicants, a completed bachelor’s or master’s degree is required before arriving in Korea.
- The applicant’s academic record should be strong, as evidenced by a minimum CGPA of 80% or higher from their last educational institution.
- The applicant should not have any prior enrollment or degree completion at a Korean educational institution, except for a high school education.
- Prior KGSP grant recipients who have achieved a 90% or higher result may apply again, through either direct university application or the university track.
KGSP Scholarship 2024 Funding Grant:
The KGSP scholarship 2024 offers a comprehensive package of financial benefits to recipients in order to cover their expenses while studying in South Korea. Some of the key benefits provided by the scholarship include:
- Airfare coverage to and from South Korea.
- A relocating or emigrating remittance of KRW 200,000 to help with initial expenses.
- Monthly living expenses stipend of KRW 20,000.
- Monthly medical insurance coverage of KRW 20,000.
- KRW 800,000 financial allocation for the necessary language course.
- Per semester Tuition expenses of approximately KRW 5,000,000.
- An allocation award for fluency & expertise in the Korean language.
- Research support grant of KRW 240,000 (per semester)
- Dissertation/thesis print special allowance of KRW 500,000.
- After the completion of the degree, the allowance of KRW 100,000
- One of the benefits is KRW 800,000 for the cost of the language course.
Note that only relevant students will be granted research and printing thesis expenses.
How to Apply for KGSP 2024?
To apply for the South Korean KGSP scholarship programs, the applicant needs to follow the following application processing steps:
- Firstly, the applicant needs to find a Korean university that is offering a KGSP scholarship program.
- After finding a suitable subject, it is necessary that applicant should follow the application process as guided by the university to apply for admission.
- Further, it is the responsibility of The National Institute for International Education (NIIED) to ask the Embassy or universities to grant the applicants with fully-funded scholarships.
- To apply for the scholarship program, students can directly start the application process through an embassy or a specific university. These platforms will further call the candidates if considered.
- The required documents should be submitted to the Korean embassy in their country or the university to they are applying to.
- These documents will be sent to NIIED for verification that the candidates are qualified for the scholarship.
- NIIED will go through the submitted documents & will inform the university or embassy.
- The KGSP scholarship committee won’t inform the candidates about their selection or rejection but the embassy will.
Documents Requirement for KGSP 2024:
In order to apply for the KGSP Scholarship program, make sure to gather the following documents first:
- Final education degree obtained
- Official transcript of the last degree
- Letter of recommendation written by a teacher
- Statement of purpose only for masters & Ph.D. degree
- Study plan only for Masters students
- Research proposal only for Ph.D. students
- Motivation letter for undergraduate students
KGSP Deadline 2024:
The deadline for the KGSP Scholarships for the 2024 academic year is February 29, 2024. However, each university and embassy may have its own specific deadlines. Applicants should check with the Korean embassy in their native country for additional details.