Chinese Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) CSC Scholarships for 2024-2025 will soon be open for online admission applications in Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral (PHD) degree programs. And if you are reading following my blog and reading my articles regularly then here again you are among those first students who will get ready to apply for this HIT scholarships in China for 2024 batch.
How many Chinese Scholarships Will Be Offered at HIT in 2024?
These HIT scholarships are funded by the Chinese Government that offer non-Chinese students an incredible opportunity to study for free in China without the financial burden. Much like the CSC (China Scholarship Council) scholarships and ANSO (formerly known as CAS-TWAS) Scholarships, these HIT scholarships focus on providing admissions to international students for their research based degree programmes. And i am sure you will be happy to know that HIT will be offered 9 types of Chinese scholarships through its international student office for the batch of 2024-2025 and here’s a list of those Chinese scholarships offerings at Harbin Institute of Technology:
- HIT-Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC)
- HIT Presidential Scholarships
- HIT Excellent International Student Scholarships
- HIT Freshman Scholarships
- HIT Outstanding Graduate Student Scholarships
- HIT Chinese Language Scholarship
- HIT Exchange Student Scholarships
- HIT International Students’ Work-Study Program
- HIT Government Scholarships for International Studies
Package Offered with Scholarships of Harbin Institute of Technology:
The Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) has many Chinese scholarships and it depends on you to choose a suitable one for your higher studies at HIT. CSC and Presidential Scholarships are also offered at HIT and admissions window for these two scholarships will soon be open and now is the best time to prepare your documents for application. So now let me tell you which benefits will be provided to you if you will win HIT scholarships in 2024 as listed below:
- Monthly Stipends: Recipients receive monthly financial support.
- Free Accommodation: Comfortable living arrangements are provided.
- Tuition Fee Waiver: Full tuition fees will be completly waived off.
- Medical Facility: Student’s health insurance will be required and you will have to purchase it for 800 CNY.
- Additional Financial Support: Professors may offer extra financial assistance for research projects
- Chinese X1/X2 Visa Assistance: You will also receive documents by HIT to process your X1 or X2 type study VISA for China
HIT Scholarships 2024 Funding Package
|Duration of Degree
|4 years + 1 year extension
|Stipend, free education+residence
|2.5 years + 1 year extension
|Stipend, free education+residence
|4 years + Up to 2 year extension
|Stipend, free education+residence
Can you apply for HIT Scholarships without IELTS?
Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) require from its international students to provide solid proof of their English/Chinese language abilities and therefore proficiency in the language of the intended degree program (Chinese/English) is a mandatory requirement at HIT. For that reason, HIT accepts IELTS with at least 6 bands, or TOEFL with at least 78 score, or English language proficiency certificate. Whereas for Chinese taught programmes at HIT HSK level of 4 or more is required.
Who Can Apply for the Harbin Institute of Technology Scholarship?
The eligibility criteria for scholarship based admissions offered by Harbin Institute of Technology vary depending on the course/degree programme you are choose. But generally i will give you an idea of some of those eligibility requirements below:
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. Programs: For these programs, HIT scholarship duration is up to 4 years.
- Chinese Language and Relevant Subject Programs: Students pursuing Chinese language programs or relevant subjects at HIT are eligible for a one-year grant.
- Exchange Students and Contributors to International Education: Exchange students and those who significantly contribute to international education at HIT are also eligible for a one-year scholarship.
If you are interested then you need to meet eligibility criteria for HIT scholarships available at Harbin Institute of Technology and for that you need to consider the following requirements as per course/subject/research project:
- Student applicants must be non Chinese citizens
- Students must also have English/Chinese language proficiency proof
- Age restrictions for different degree admissions at HIT:
- Bachelor’s programs: Under 30 years old
- Master’s programs: Under 35 years old
- Ph.D. programs: Under 40 years old
- Advanced studies: Under 50 years old
- Language programs: Under 60 years old
- Visiting scholars: Under 50 years old
- Fulfill the university and course-specific eligibility criteria.
- Not currently receiving any other Chinese government scholarship.
Harbin Institute of Technology Offers Courses in Various Fields:
HIT offers a wide range of courses/degree programmes under the Chinese government scholarships for subjects including but not limited to Philosophy, Law, Economics, History, Education, Management, Engineering, Literature, Art, Medicine, Agriculture, and Science.
Whereas here is the detailed list of bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs offered for admissions to international students at Harbin Institute of Technology in 2024:
List of Bachelor’s programmes Offered by HIT on Chinese Scholarships: Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Automation, Computer Science and Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, International Economics and Trade, Materials Science and Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Engineering, and Biotechnology.
List of Master’s Programmes offered by HIT on China Scholarships: Control Science and Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Computer Science and Technology, Software Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Technology, Business Administration, International Relations, Mechanical Engineering, and Aerospace Engineering.
List of Phd Doctoral Programs offered by Harbin institute of Technology: Control Science and Engineering, Environmental Science and Engineering, Computer Science and Technology, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Technology, Business Administration, International Relations, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, and Electrical Engineering and Automation.
Chinese and English taught Programmes List at HIT for 2024-2025
To explore specific degree programs offered at HIT under the CSC Scholarships, you can refer to the following links:
- Master’s Degree Programs (Chinese-taught)
- Master’s Degree Programs (English-taught)
- Doctoral Degree Programs (Chinese-taught)
- Doctoral Degree Programs (English-taught)
Application Process of HIT Scholarships of Batch February 2024
HIT will be recruiting international students for various Chinese scholarships for February and August intakes and here’s a step-by-step guide to applying for the Harbin Institute of Technology Scholarship:
- My top recommendation for you would be to seek acceptance letter from any HIT professor who would be willing to supervise your degree/research and for that purpose you will be issued with an acceptance letter from that professor. This is an optional step but in case you get successful in receiving an acceptance letter from any HIT professor then you will have high chances of selection for HIT scholarship.
- Your next step would be to check out open scholarship options at HIT admissions page from where you can see if your degree programme is supported through those available scholarships or not.
- If you apply for CSC scholarship of HIT then you will be required to submit campus China scholarship form, select scholarship type B, and then add agency number of HIT as 10213 for CSC scholarship and submit that application and download that CSC-HIT scholarship form. Now you need to submit your second application which will be HIT’s admission application and in that form you will also be required to attach CSC scholarship form. But if you are applying for any other HIT scholarship then you can check this page.
Required Documents for the Harbin Institute of Technology Scholarship:
While applying for any HIT scholarship i think you will need following set of documents:
- CSC scholarship form if applying for CSC-HIT scholarship
- Certified copies of your highest degree or diploma.
- Proof of Chinese or English language proficiency.
- At least two recommendation letters.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) and Motivation Letter.
- Copy of your passport.
- Transcripts and copies of all other degrees.
- A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (required for stays of six months or longer in China).
- Study plan (for degree program applicants) or research proposal (for research-based program applicants).
- Work samples (for programs related to music, fine arts, media studies, etc.).
- Legal documents of guardians (for applicants below 18 years of age).
After preparing all these documents, attach them to the HIT admission application form and send them to the email address provided by the Harbin Institute of Technology: [email protected]
Application fee required to apply for HIT Scholarship: CNY 400 or US$60
Application Deadline for HIT Chinese Scholarships: December 20, 2023
- October 15th, 2023: 2023 Application window opens
- December 20, 2023: Deadline for first 2024 batch recruitment at HIT