Are you dreaming of studying in Germany for your Masters degree in 2024 and want it to be covered with a fully funded scholarship? I have got Good news for you! DAAD Scholarships for masters degree for all disciplines 2024 have got you covered for almost all fields of study and my this guide will help you apply for a DAAD scholarship in 2023.
Explanation about DAAD Scholarships 2024
DAAD stands for German Academic Exchange Service which is a scholarship program that helps international students to providing funding for their study in Germany for a postgraduate or Masters degree. You can use this DAAD scholarship to fund your entire Masters (MS) degree at a German university or even to study for a year in Germany while you complete your Masters at home.
DAAD scholarships for MS – Eligibility Standards
You can apply for DAAD MS Scholarship if you have completed your undergrad degree (such as your Bachelors degree) with at least 3.0/4 CGPA and if you are interested to start your MS in Germany asap.
List of English language test accepted for DAAD Scholarships with their fees:
Language proficiency requirements for DAAD scholarships in Germany often depend on your choosen course type at German university you are applying to however for degrees taught in English language, some of the commonly accepted English language tests include:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): TOEFL iBT (Internet-Based Test): As of my knowledge cutoff in 2021, the test fee ranges between $160 to $250, depending on the country where you take the test.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): IELTS Academic: Fees vary by location but it typically costs around $225.
- PTE (Pearson Test of English) Academic: The standard price for the PTE Academic as of my knowledge cutoff in 2021 was $150. However, late booking could raise the fee to around $200.
- Cambridge English Qualifications (C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency): The fees for these tests vary by location but as of my knowledge cutoff in 2021, they were typically in the range of $180 to $300.
What are the Perks of this 2024 DAAD Scholarship for MS?
This German DAAD scholarship for MS degree comes with a bunch of goodies listed below:
- You get a monthly payment of 934 euros
- Travel allowances
- Your health, accident, and personal liability insurance are covered
- You get a travel allowance and a one time study allowance.
- You might also get a monthly rent subsidy and allowance for family members coming with you.
- If you have a disability or chronic illness, you can get support for extra costs
- DAAD can cover the cost of German language courses, if you need them.
- You might get the fee for a German language test (TestDaF or DSH) reimbursed.
- Tuition fees in Germany is already free for all international students by German government
How to Apply and What Do You Need?
Lets get familiar with application process of DAAD German Scholarship or master degree subjects which are now available for you to apply online:
- Get your papers ready: You will need your scholarship application documents showing your academic qualifications, your language skills, any internships or work experience you have done, research proposal or a study plan, and a SOP/LOI on why you want to study in Germany.
- Start Your DAAD scholarship application here
When to Apply for DAAD MS Scholarships 2024?
This German DAAD scholarship for MS studies starts from October 1st, 2023 but you should submit your online application before June 30, 2023.