China Government Scholarships (CGS) 2024-2025 are offered by the Chinese government to international students who wish to pursue undergraduate, master’s, doctoral, or general scholar programs in China. This is also known as CSC scholarships sponsored by China scholarship council that is fully funded and cover tuition fees, accommodation, living stipend, health insurance, and international travel round trip.
Types of China Government CSC Scholarships 2024-2025
There are three main types of China Government Scholarships:
- Type A China Gov Scholarship : This Chinese scholarship is awarded to students who are nominated by their home governments or universities.
- Type B Chinese Gov Scholarships: This CSC scholarship is awarded to students who apply through Chinese embassies or consulates in their home countries.
- Type C China government Scholarship: This Chinese CSC scholarship is awarded to students who apply through authorized Chinese universities or institutions.
Age limit for China Government Scholarship Application Submission
Now let me tel you the age limit criteria for thsi Chinese Government CSC Scholarship which varies depending on the type of CSC scholarship you are applying for and the program you are interested in however, the general age limits are as follows:
- Undergraduate: Under the age of 25
- Master’s: Under the age of 35
- Doctoral: Under the age of 40
- General Scholar: Under the age of 45
- Senior Scholar: Under the age of 50
Please note that these are general age limits and there may be exceptions and make sure to always check the specific eligibility requirements for the scholarship you are interested in.
Benefits of China Government Scholarships 2024
Three types of fully funded China Government CSC Scholarships are available for international students in 2024-2025 at all Chinese universities. Each scholarship type has its own set of sponsorship benefits.
|CSC Course Type
|Course/degree duration (years)
|Sponsorship for Residence
|25 Years or less
|University room, or CNY 800/mon funds
|35 Years or less
|University room, or CNY 1000/mon funds
|40 Years or less
Application Process for China Government Scholarships
China Scholarship Council (CSC) accepts applications for CSC scholarships through three channels: Type A, Type B, and Type C which i have explained below in detail:
- CSC scholarship Type A: Apply directly to the Chinese embassy in your home country.
- CSC scholarship Type B: Apply directly to one of the 275+ Chinese universities that offer CSC scholarships.
- CSC scholarship Type C: Apply through an international university or Chinese language institution that has a CSC scholarship quota.
In this article i am going to explain to you about how you can directly submit your China government CSC scholarship application for the class of 2024 directly to international student office of any Chinese university using CSC scholarship type B route so for that you can read below:
International students applying for CSC scholarships in China must fill out two online application forms:
- CSC China Scholarship Council Online Application Form
- Chinese University Online Admission Application Form
Step 1: Choose your top three Chinese universities and find their agency numbers and then you will have to select the Type B CSC scholarship option on the CSC China Scholarship Council Online Application Form.
Step 2: Fill out and submit the CSC form, then download its copy.
Step 3: Now go to international student office websites of those 3 Chinese universities and start filling out their online admission application forms and attach a copy of your downloaded CSC scholarship form, all academic documents, research proposal, study plan, motivation letter, physical exam test report, and recommendation letters to the university application portal and then wait for their final result announcement.
Application Deadline for China Government Scholarships
Chinese government’s CSC scholarship application deadlines for the September 2024 class range from December 31, 2023 to April 30, 2024, depending on Chinese university you wish to choose.