The Chevening Scholarship for 2024, funded by the UK government, is a fully-funded scholarship that offers international students the opportunity to pursue a degree at any university in the United Kingdom. The scholarship is open to applicants from any country and allows students to apply for Masters or MPhil degree programs.
It is a comprehensive scholarship that covers a wide range of expenses including airfare, meals, accommodation, visa fees, tuition, books, allowance, health insurance, and any other required fees. That makes it a benefitting chance for international students who want to continue their studies in the United Kingdom.
In this article, we are providing you with a detailed guide regarding scholarship benefits, eligibility, required documents, and the application process for Chevening scholarships 2024.
Chevening Scholarship 2024 Funding Grants:
The Chevening Scholarship for the 2024-2025 academic year offers a number of benefits to recipients, including:
- Coverage of quarantine costs, if booked through Diversity Travel.
- The whole coverage of university tuition funds
- No visa fees required
- Monthly living allowance provided
- An economy class return airfare provided
- Additional UK grants for extra expenses
- Recipients will receive cash cards upon arrival.
Eligibility Criteria for Chevening 2024:
The eligibility criteria that are required for Chevening scholarships 2024 include:
- Applicant should be a citizen of the country or area that is qualified for Chevening scholarships.
- After completing the education, the applicant will be committed to coming back to the homeland for a minimum of two years.
- Applicants need to apply for a whole Master’s degree program that is equivalent to a 12 monthly education program.
- Applicant should have obtained his undergraduate degree which is equal to a degree of 2:1 honors in the United Kingdom.
- At least three universities in the UK should have granted an offer letter to the applicant.
- A minimum of two years of experience is required in the work field or equivalent hours of professional experience.
- Only the citizens that are from the UK overseas territories & are applying for scholarships from the area of Hong Kong are eligible.
- Candidates that have been granted refugee status in countries that are not members of Chevening can’t obtain this scholarship. Only those applicants with refugee grants in the countries that lie under Chevening are allowed to apply.
- Any kind of worker, previous employees, or relatives with a staff of Chevening’s Government is not allowed to apply for the fully-funded scholarship program in Chevening.
- Applicants who are in any connection with employees of Chevening partner establishments are eligible to apply for scholarships but this specific association is not eligible to grant them scholarships.
- Individuals who are residing in the United Kingdom under UK government funding don’t meet the criteria and cannot go further to apply for scholarships.
Chevening 2024 Application Process:
The steps for Applying for the Scholarship 2024 are listed below:
- Visit the official website of Chevening & search for the apply button. Click on the “Apply” button and there will be a whole window in front of you.
- Register yourself for the scholarship program on the website. You can easily register by entering all the required details. You should keep your username and password safe.
- In the online application form, fill up all the information that is asked and attach all required documents. Don’t forget to click the “Save” button.
- Upload the required documents, including reference/recommendation letters. (Note that the deadline to upload these documents is usually late April of the scholarship year).
- Answer the questions asked in the application form while considering the word limit. Make sure there is no plagiarism in your data.
- Select three courses that you want to pursue in your Master’s program.
- Review your complete application before clicking the ‘Submit’ button.
- Shortlisted candidates for the interviews will be notified by email.
Documents Requirement for Chevening Scholarship:
When applying for the Chevening Scholarships 2024, you will need to submit the following documents in an online application form:
- Applicant’s passport that is valid or CNIC
- University degree official transcripts
- At least three courses selected for the master’s program
- Granted certificates of your last obtained degree
Additionally, the following documents must be submitted before their respective deadlines:
- English language test results for tests such as IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, or Trinity ISE
- An offer letter was granted to you from the University for which you to apply your Scholarship for.
- Two different reference letters
- Educational certificates (if any)
It is important to note that you need to upload all your documents in JPG, PNG, or PDF & the size must be 5MB. Also, the filename should be shorter than 51 characters. It’s always a good idea to double-check all your application documents to make sure all the required documents are met and are in the right format before submitting.
Chevening 2024 Application Deadline:
The deadline to apply for the Chevening scholarship for the year 2024 will be November 2, 2023. Applications open every year in august. So, keep yourself updated and prepared to apply for the Chevening scholarship.