Purpose of Canadian Visitor VISA
A Canadian visitor visa is an official stamp in your passport granted by Canadian immigration. It confirms you’re eligible to enter Canada temporarily, whether for tourism, family visits, business meetings, or other short-term purposes.
If your intended stay time in Canada is less than six months, you may apply for a Canadian visit VISA and be granted entry for the following reasons:
- Doing things like going to a convention or meeting with a client
- Study (like visiting a venue for attending a conference or research) (like visiting a site for attending a conference or research)
Business (attending a conference or seeing a client) (like attending a conference or meeting a client)
Temporary Gathering House
Is it allowed to Work in Canada on Visitor VISA?
No! it is not allowed to work in Canada on a visitor visa!
So, while on a Canadian Visit Visa, you’re not allowed to engage in any business activities. If you wish to work in Canada, you’ll need to secure a Canadian work permit or seasonal work permit first. However, if you’re in Canada with a tourist/visitor visa, there’s no rule against job hunting or attending interviews. But upon getting a job offer just remember, you’ll need to head back to your country to apply for a Canadian work visa.
Duration of Canadian Visitor VISA
Upon your Canadian visit visa approval, you will be granted a six-month duration to discover Canada but with that you should know there are two types of Canadian visit visas in 2024:
- Single-Entry Canadian visit visa: As the name suggests, this visa grants the visa holder permission to enter Canada once only but for a duration of up to six months.
- Multiple-Entry Canadian visit visa: This allows for its visa holder to enjoy entries possibility into Canada over the span of the visa’s validity however each stay must not exceeding six months.
Interestingly, Canadian visit visa applicants are not required to indicate their preference for single or multiple entries during the application process. By default, all applications undergo an evaluation for the multiple-entry visa whereas single-entry visa is only issued under exceptional conditions.
Canadian Visit Visa Eligibility Criteria:
To qualify for a Canadian Visitor Visa, applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites:
- Financial Capability Proof: Applicants must prove they have sufficient funds to support themselves and any accompanying family members during their stay in Canada.
- Criminal Record: No history of criminal activity is permitted.
- Health and Documentation: Applicant(s) should be in sound health and must possess a valid travel document, like a passport.
- Intent to Return: It’s imperative for applicants to establish to the satisfaction of an immigration officer that they intend to leave Canada after their visit. Evidence of strong ties to their home country, such as stable employment, property ownership, or familial connections, can serve as proof.
- Business Visitors: If applying for a business visitor visa, it is essential to assure the Canadian authorities that you won’t engage in employment for a local company during your stay.
Canadian Visitor Visa Application Process
Once your eligibility for a Canadian visit/tourist visa has been established, you can submit your application via the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) system or in person at a Canadian Visa Application Centre (VAC) in your home country. Include the application fee and supporting documentation with your visa submission.
The following items must be included with your application for a visitor visa to Canada. However, depending on the applicant’s profile, other documents may be required in addition to those listed below.
- Your cover letter should include information on your income, your trip to Canada, and your sponsor (if you have one)Your ability to support yourself financially while in Canada is demonstrated by your financial documents.
- Documentation from your doctor confirming your good health and fitness to travel to Canada.
- Evidence of your ties to, and will to return to, your home country and your ability to fulfill those ties after your time in Canada is complete.
- A passport or other acceptable travel document. Validity of passport should be at least six months after application.
- Applicants who have friends or acquaintances already living in Canada must also provide a letter of invitation from one of those people.
Canadian Visitor VISA Application Fee: $100
There is a one-hundred Canadian dollar (CAD) application fee per person for a visit visa to Canada. Applicants who are asked to provide biometric information will be charged an extra $85 CAD. Following the completion of your application, you will be required to pay a passport processing cost of 45 CAD. The process of applying for a visitor visa to Canada can begin here.
Safe travels! ✈️🇨🇦